To have the most current information readily available for providing optimal health care and for making wise choices in managing breed-specific health care issues.
Goals & Objectives
- To develop and maintain educational information targeted to general health care of the PBGV.
- To develop and maintain a knowledge base of medical problems specific to the PBGV including clinical resources to assist with diagnoses, treatment and management of breed specific health issues.
- To have the resources available to assist PBGV breeders and owners in making decisions for the health and welfare of the breed.
Primary Open Angle Glaucoma (POAG) Learn more...
Health Seminar Videos
- 2018 Dr. Danika Bannasch Seminar "Population Health & Reproduction Seminar" Click Here
- 2015 Dr. Danika Bannasch Health Seminar YouTube Video Click Here
- 2019 Dr. Andras Komaromy's Seminar, Developing Gene Therapies for Canine Open-Angle Glaucoma Click Here
Learn more about the Breed Preservation Committee
Learn more about the Reference Center
It's That Time of Year Again & It's Kick-Off Time for PBGV Health!
PBGVCA Clinical Health Information Initiative
To obtain the most current, and future, health status of our PBGV's, the Health Committee is kicking off the Club's newest initiative. The purpose is to identify current major health problems in the breed with the goal of shaping medical research priorities for the betterment of our PBGV's. This ongoing initiative will collect clinical health information on all PBGV's during their life span.
We need help from ALL PBGV owners and breeders!
The process is simple.
- Have basic dog info readily available such as call name, date of birth, etc.
- Based on veterinarian's diagnosis, you will answer a few questions.
- The form collects ONE major health issue at a time. Have more than one health issue…you will be able to return to a new form after completing the first.
- Ready, set, GO
Would rather complete downloadable form and either mail or email completed form Click Here.
Veronica Scheer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Research Project Reviews
Laura Liscum, Laura.Liscum@tufts.edu