PROCEDURES FOR ADOPTION
In order to be considered for adoption of a PBGV, please follow the following instructions. Please understand that there are a limited number of PBGVs available for adoption, which speaks well of our breeders and owners. There are usually many applications and often very few, if any, PBGVs that need homes. There is an adoption fee.
1. Complete Rescue Adoption Consideration Application. Download a print version of form and mail to representative click here.
2. Once your application is submitted, either online or by mail, you will be placed on a waiting list and should a dog become available you will be contacted .
3. PBGV Rescue attempts to match the proper owner with the proper dog. Obviously, if a dog does not do well with children, the dog would not be placed in a home with children. Therefore, your place on the waiting list would not be the only criteria used when placing a dog.
4. Once you are selected, you will have the right to accept or refuse the dog. If you accept the dog, you must complete an adoption agreement and submit it to your Regional Representative. You would then work with a volunteer/contact person to determine the best procedure to follow to take possession of your dog.
5. All PBGVs shall be spayed or neutered and micro-chipped prior to adoption.